Tuesday 24 July 2007

Derwent Edge

I got off at Bamford station leaving me with 5 1/2 hours to climb up to Derwent edge.

This is Bamford
and Bamford parish church

The forst point of interest I came to was Ladybower reservoir. I found these large overflow holes known as the plugholes to be fascinating.There is one on either side.
There are also two identical viaducts, one heading to Manchester the other to Sheffield.
Just after teh Ladybower inn there is a footpath heading up the hill and looking back over the reservoir. I can see why this is callled the lake district of the peaks as there are 3 large reservoirs all in the same area.

Walking along the edge there are many great views back along the valley.
This rock formation is known as the salt cellar.
A rock basin along the way.

I reached back tor but did not have enough time to descend to the valley floor so I had to turn back.







No comments: