Saturday 4 August 2007

Chatsworth Park

I had been to Chatsworth House twice before but have not yet been around the park so I decided to walk from Matlock station.This took about 90 mins to get to the start of the walk at Beeley.As it was the summer school holidays the park was very full as was the Chatsworth Park shops and cafe but it was still surprisingly sparse up at stand wood and on the walk back to Beeley.

Beeley parish church
Inside Beeley church. Like many churches in the area it was open for all although deserted when I went inside.
The Chatsworth park which is free and surrounds the house and gardens.
An old mill next to the river Derwent.
This is Edensor, an interesting village with one main street and the church at the end of it.I did go in the church but a wedding was about to commence so I did not have a chance to take pictures.
A view of Chatsworth house with the grand cascade in the background
The old hunting tower behind the house on top of the hill.
The house from across the bridge.
Behind the house
Bridge which transports the water from the lake to the fountain next to the house.
Cars going to and from the house through the park
From Beeley moor I followed the footpath along the stream back down to Beeley.

On the way to Beeley I saw this fine cockeral.

1 comment: