Wednesday 11 June 2008

The Peak District, Bamford Edge part 2


At last I got to Bamford edge on a sunny day! The first time the BBC weather report was completely wrong and the second time the entire train network closed down as I sat on the 10.24 to Derby but this time even with the train being 20 minutes late I still made it!(with 7 minutes to spare!)
The views were fantastic in bright sun. I walked from Bamford station in a circular route along to Stanage edge then Higgor Tor and back to Hathersage station. In all the walk took 5 hours and 20 minutes.

This is me on Bamfdord edge. It was too windy to get any closer to the edge!

Stanage Edge, a mecca for climbers

A fearless sheep. I think they are more intellectual than people think as they often appear to be in deep thought.
The view from the edge. There can be few things better for peace of mind and the soul than to wander aimlessly in nature on a sunny day.

Waiting outside Sheffield station waiting for the train back to Leicester its hard not to take a picture or several of the water features .

No comments: